Friday, February 1, 2008

Candida

My reply to a question on how I dealt with my Candida:

The doctor put on a course of two herbal medicines from Germany - I can't remember the names - too weird. That was for immediate "shock treatment" for 7-10 days.
Also had to go on very strict diet - it was horrible. Had to give up coffee, sugar, bread, normal pasta. For 6 weeks. Almost everyday of the 6 weeks I ate 1 thing in small quantity that I should not.

I feel better and just did not go back to him. Did go for allergy tests and discovered that i have a slight allergy to nuts and most grass and inhalants.

Now I drink 1-2 cups of coffee a week, still have very little sugar, otherwise I am eating normally. My dietitian said that the elimination diets don't really work but you have cut out sugar and refined carbs. According to what I have read - I would probably be in danger of having full blown symtoms again in 2 years time if I don't keep it under control. But how to keep it under control seems to be a great topic of debate. The advice I have decided to take is to find my own path of healing.

Sjoe - that is a long answer (smile)

1 comments:

Hanlie said...

Unfortunately Candida is one of those things that can only be effectively controlled, and even healed, by diet. And funnily enough, the things that cause candida, are also the things that make us fat, give us diabetes, heart disease, cancer, etc.

Good luck!