Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Practicalities

I walked for an 1hr10 today. My feet are sore - feel like blisters may develop (Might need to shoes). I felt physically tired but mentally proud of myself. Now that I have cooled down my feet are still sore but I have energy for the rest of the day.

I am now starting to work through the CHIP workbook. The first unit is on the topic of balance.
I am making to do list and at the very top I have included exercise. Last week I did exercise three times. This week I am increasing the intensity a bit.

Managed to spend almost £25 less on my food budget last week and hoping to do the same this week.

Here is a money saving alternative suggested in the CHIP program - Crisped Tortilla Chips.


VIDEO: Low Fat Baked Tortilla Chips

Crisped Tortilla Chips
1pkg 12 corn tortilla
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder (optional)

Tasty baked lime and chilli tortilla chips you make at home.
Serve with your choice of dips and salsas.

Recipe provided by: Allrecipes

Ingredients

1 packet Corn Tortillas
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon salt

Preparation method

1. Preheat oven to 180 C. 2. Cut each tortilla into 8 triangular wedges and arrange in a single layer on a baking tray. 3. In a spray bottle, combine the oil and lime juice. Mix well and spray each tortilla wedge until slightly moist. (Lightly brush on the oil and lime juice if you don't have a spray bottle) 4. Combine the cumin, chilli powder and salt in a small bowl and sprinkle on the wedges. 5. Bake for about 7 minutes. Rotate the tray and bake for another 8 minutes or until the wedges are crisp, but not too brown. Serve warm or room temperature with salsas, dips or guacamole.

0 comments: