Monday, January 19, 2009

Granola Recipe

I plan to try this recipe out. I love granola especially with yogurt.

My lack of post are an indication of my life picking up pace and not going in the direction I want.

However, this week I plan on doing my

2009 Wellness Goals Visionwork - TODAY

This comes from the Granola Diet Site

I recommend experimenting with each of the basic elements and finding what suites your taste.

Ingredients:
Whole Oats- organic best
Oil - canola, peanut, etc
Sweetener - honey, molasses, corn syrup, or sugar free syrups
Spice - salt, cinnamon, coriander, etc
dried fruits - raisins, dates, apricots, etc.
nuts/seeds - sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, peanuts, almonds, etc

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Combine 6 cups of raw oats with 1/4 cup of oil, 1/2 cup of liquid sweetener, and spices into large glass baking pan
3. Mix very thoroughly with spoon
4. Cook for 45 minutes
5. Allow to cool
6. Stir in choice of fruits and nuts

When eating I recommend using either rice mild or soy milk and avoiding cows milk.

1 comments:

conanima said...

hi simone i viewed your blog its very nice and it looks cool,i like to share my link.visit my walkitz.blogspot.com,you can get informative things happening around the world.